If you are looking to start your online business but are worried about storing inventory or startup cost, then drop shipping is for you.
Drop shipping is a service provided by a wholesaler or manufacturer, that offers shipping and handling to your customer, as and when you get an order. It means you are free from the hassle of storing and maintaining an inventory as well as shipping. This model allows you to save the initial investment required to purchase the inventory.
Another advantage of drop shipping is that it allows you to offer wide selection of products. You do not even need to manage relationship with multiple suppliers.
They also provide features that make it easy to add or change your offerings to the online marketplace (like Amazon or eBay), without any additional cost. The top dropship companies also allow integration with various leading shopping cart software providers.
However, it can be a little tricky to find the right drop shipping service for your eCommerce business, given the number of factors you need to consider to evaluate them against.
Good news is that we have done the evaluation for you, based on factors like inventory management feature, shipping option, cost and support to name a few.
Take a look at our 5 top drop shipping companies along with their pros and cons to help grow your online business.
If you are just starting up your eCommerce business and are confused about the products that can give you good profits, Salehoo might be the right choice for you.
Salehoo offers a detailed directory of 1.6 million wholesale products available from 8000+ verified legitimate wholesale suppliers at wholesale prices. (Source: Salehoo Review)
- Easy to search or browse from a vast directory of products and verified suppliers
- Features Market Research Lab that helps you find the most profitable product with high sales and low competition
- Excellent customer support along with smart seller guides and members’ forum.
- Reasonably priced at $67 for 1-year membership
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Does not offer free trial, though the money- back guarantee takes the risk out of the deal.
- The smart-seller training might seem a little overwhelming at first. The Salehoo managed blog, expert customer support and active member forum helps in answering the toughest question for you.
Though not a full ecommerce platform, Oberlo is a great dropping plugin that you can install on Shopify hosted websites. It aims to take the hassle out of importing products to dropship, by offering a seamless integration between AliExpress and your ecommerce store.
- Intuitive and clean interface for managing products, that allows you to easily manage wide variety of tasks including searching products, importing lists and viewing your products.
- Excellent importing from AliExpress, which offers affordable pricing, allowing you to make larger profits easily, to your online store.
Automated order fulfillment is another big benefit of the Oberlo platform. It allows adding products coming from different suppliers into your own cart and handles from packaging to shipping automatically.
- Regular auto-updates for inventory and price, so that you sell only items that are in stock. Price updates by the suppliers are notified so that you can adjust price on your site accordingly, if need be.
- Offers shipment tracking to clients
- Access to multiple suppliers. You do not need to stick around a supplier if they are not offering you the best rates or you are not happing with their ratings.
- Oberlo allows you to make product customization by offering the freedom to change titles, item portrayals and more
Reasonably priced, offering three plans (Starter – Free, Basic – $29.90 per month, Pro – $79.90 per month) to choose from depending on the size of your website.
- Good customer service with live chat facility and expansive discussion forum.
- Integration with other retail sites like Amazon and Ebay would be a great addition.
Doba is a very popular drop shipping company, as it offers streamlined product discovery and management with one of the largest product offerings.
- Hundreds of qualified suppliers and over 2 million product centralized into one marketplace.
- Advanced search, filters makes discovering product easier
- Sends email updates about supplier discounts, trending and seasonal products, and new suppliers in the categories that matter most to you.
- Saves time by allowing you to bulk export your products listing to your online store.
- It is compatible with 100+ shopping carts like Shopify, Magento and BigCommerce.
- Evaluate supplier based on its scorecard to check their fulfillment rates, average processing time, ship times and cost, and more.
- Reduces risk by allowing you to create custom inventory alerts for low inventory
- Free trial for 30 days
- Great account support with responsive and expert customer service available through phone, live chat and email. They also provide dedicated account rep for 1-on-1 advice and help. It also offers quick start training and curated list to ramp you up faster.
- Highest membership fee with a basic plan costing $29.
4. Dropship direct
If you are tech savy and looking for a drop shipping service that does not charge a subscription fee, Dropship direct may be right for you. It works more like a vast directory of suppliers, that you can choose to maintain relationship with, where you pick your product and ask them to be delivered to your customer.
- Does not charge a joining fee. However, you need to pay to use their PushList technology that allows you to customize your data feed to add the products you choose to your site or marketplace faster.
- Support available through live chat, email and helpdesk
- Wholesale inventory offering 100,000 products from more than 900 brands
- Blind drop shipping allows delivering without any mention of the supplier or promotional material. This helps you build your brand and maintain that the product came from you and not anyone else.
- Cataloging features to keep you updated on the latest market trends and new listings.
- Equips you wholesale product data for 12 supported marketplaces and shopping carts
- Lacks research tools.
- Limited product offering in comparison to other market biggies
- Not a very impressive and intuitive website
5. Wholesale 2b
Wholesale 2b is a popular drop shipping company for etailers looking to build a website and not spend for just browsing through the product database. It offers a vast product offering with variety of plans to help sell them.
- Over 1 million dropship products from over 100+ suppliers
- Proactive inventory alerts when product runs low on inventory
- Can pay to get data feeds of products. The data feeds are compatible with most marketplaces.
- Offers website plan that offers online store creation integrated with dropship products, unique look, multiple SEO options, shopping cart features and more.
- Offers 4 different yearly and monthly subscription plans, that you can choose from depending on what you plan to sell. You can choose the free plan, which is limited to just browsing through the product offerings.
- Does not offer support through helpdesk or email. You need to open a ticket through a support ticket system for help.
- Limited tools to help analyze performance and sales
5. Sunrise Wholesale
For etailers planning to sell through eBay, Sunrise Wholesale can prove to be a great option. It offers eBay wizard to easily manage your listing. It also allows you to link to your eBay account and direct loading of products from Sunrise Wholesale catalog to eBay.
- Over 20,000 dropship products
- Dropship right to customer with returns and refunds handles automatically
- Allows you to export products, along with images and descriptions to eBay, Amazon and your own website.
- Offers Amazon Selling and Research Manager to easily sell and manage on Amazon
- Makes posting on eBay easy with eBay Listing Wizard and Research tool
- Memebership grants you personal domain and an incredibly robust website, complete with professionally designed templates and apps
- Seamless integration with Shopify and Bigcommerce
- No minimum order requirement
- Offers customer support through email and phone
- 7-day free trial
- Rather small inventory compared to competitors
- Restocking fee is charged whenever a product is returned for reasons other than defects or damage.
Dropship service makes starting your own online business easier than ever. Look for a service that is more than just a wholesaler, shipping and fulfilling order for you. Best service should provide a one-stop-solution for integration, management and analysis.
You will not be disappointed by our top list and find the right drop shipping company for your needs here.